“I don’t believe in luck; I believe in preparation” — Bobby Knight.
The former Indiana basketball coach’s description of how he won three national championships can also be applied to today’s rapidly changing mortgage market.
For borrowers, interest rates have more than doubled over a few months, forcing loan originators to develop new strategies and leverage new approaches to compete for purchase business.
As the pace of changes in the housing market accelerated, Arch MI’s economics team launched the weekly HaMMR Digest in August to share the latest data and analysis of housing trends in a more timely format. Having access to this information every week is critical for loan officers and mortgage professionals struggling with the current market cycle.
Like the popular quarterly HaMMRSM, HaMMR Digest is authored by Arch Chief Economist Parker Ross, together with Director of Real Estate Economics Leonidas Mourelatos. Along with breakdowns of the most current figures, they assess key economic events and preview data releases expected in the week ahead.
HaMMR Digest Excerpts
- “Home price growth remains positive for now, (but) the stage is set for further monthly price declines.” Oct. 3, 2022
- “A slew of housing data indicate that more softness lies ahead for the U.S. housing market.” Sept. 26, 2022
- “July’s employment report will put any notion about a Federal Reserve ‘pause’ (on rate hikes) or ‘pivot’ to rest.” Aug. 8, 2022
You can also stay up to date with our Insights series, including video interviews, blogs and podcasts:
- PolicyCast features video interviews with mortgage industry leaders like Federal Housing Finance Agency Director Sandra Thompson and Housing and Urban development Deputy Secretary Brian D. Montgomery. Hosted by Kirk Willison, Arch MI’s VP of Government & Industry Relations, the 30-minute sessions focus on factors shaping the housing industry’s future. Watch the latest PolicyCast.
- Capital Commentary, a blog by Willison, covers public policy legislation likely to impact lenders and borrowers alike. Read the latest Capital Commentary.
- The Insights Podcast Series provides expert guidance, smart tips and innovative approaches to help LOs build new skills. Listen to episodes hosted by 30-year industry veteran and Arch MI Senior National Trainer Blaine Rada on our Podcasts page.
Develop New Skills
Our training team also offers live webinars and on-demand video courses on topics ranging from improving your social media to winning business from self-employed borrowers and business owners.
Our webinars focus on timely subjects, usually tied to recent regulatory changes, real-time events or current needs. With live events, participants can interact virtually with an expert trainer who engages participants and fields questions. We also offer a selection of on-demand webinars that can be watched at your convenience.
One of our most popular webinars is the quarterly Housing Update led by our economics team. In these complimentary sessions, Ross and Mourelatos present expert analysis of the current factors affecting housing and offer guidance on where the industry is headed in the coming months. The most recent Housing Update is available as an hour-long video.
It’s clear our industry is growing more complex almost weekly, and we encourage you to take advantage of these resources — whether your goal is to refresh your skills or generate new business.
For more information, please contact your Arch MI Account Manager.
Popular Arch MI Training Courses
- Business Tax Returns 101, 201, 301 and 302.
- Educating in the Virtual World — Webinars, Facebook Live and YouTube.
- Seizing Market Share — Creating Separation Between You and Your Competitors.