Arch MI offers access to GSE-approved pre-purchase programs for borrowers financing
their home purchases with loans that include mortgage insurance.
Choose the appropriate homebuyer education option, based on the loan program:
Arch MI offers complimentary homebuyer education for homebuyers with conventional or Freddie Mac Home Possible® mortgages insured by Arch MI.
This homebuyer education is available through BALANCE, a nonprofit financial counseling organization. This course satisfies the pre-purchase homeownership education requirements of Freddie Mac Home Possible mortgages.
Homebuyers with conventional loans may also benefit from completing the course, although it is not required.
BALANCE has also been recognized by these organizations:
- Certified by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide housing counseling services.
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children, Inc.
- The Pathways to Education course adheres to standards of the National Industry Standards for Homeownership and Education.
- The course is completely free for borrowers.
- The course takes about two hours to complete.
Borrowers receive a certificate of completion after passing the final quiz.* Borrowers are encouraged to download this certificate and send it to their lenders.
* A score of 70% is required for successful completion of each module. This course may be taken multiple times by the borrower.