United Guaranty Rate Cards
United Guaranty offers card-based rate plans to meet your — and your borrowers’ — mortgage preferences. Your choice of rate card pricing allows a comprehensive range of loan types and MI coverage.
Single Rates — Lender-Paid
- Non-Refundable Single Premium LPMI Rates (except AK, GA, HI, KS, LA, MO, NE, NM, NY, OH, PA, RI, SD, TX, VA, & WA)
- Non-Refundable Single Premium LPMI Rates (GA, KS, LA, MO, OH, PA, SD, VA)
- Non-Refundable Single Premium LPMI Rates (AK, NE, RI, TX)
- Non-Refundable Single Premium LPMI Rates (NY)
- Non-Refundable Single Premium LPMI Rates (HI, NM)
Basic Rate MI Options
- Monthly Premium: United Guaranty’s monthly premium plan reduces the borrower’s closing costs. PostPay® — our zero-up-front monthly premium — allows lenders to postpone the initial MI payment until after the borrower’s first P&I payment is received.
- Annual Plan: The borrower pays the first-year premium at closing, and the lender holds smaller partial payments in escrow until the next annual payment date.
- Single Premium: This one-time premium may be added to the loan amount and financed over the term of the loan, effectively spreading the cost of mortgage insurance across the entire loan term.
- Split Premium: Available for both monthly and annual plans, these plans allow the borrower to finance an up front premium and then pay affordable MI renewal premiums.
- With Lender-Paid Mortgage Insurance, the cost of the mortgage insurance is included in the mortgage interest rate, and therefore may increase deductible interest. Most mortgage insurers offer lender-paid mortgage insurance, which cannot be canceled.